August 17, 2012 is Etz Chaim/Ohr Saadya's next court date VS the Teaneck BOA. What do you think will occur on August 17th? What will Etz Chaim/Ohr Saadya do?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Power Out(r)age

I hope everyone in Bergen County is well, families are safe and everyone gets their power, clean water and cable back very soon. I want my MTV!

I am blessed that I have been given the opportunity to author this blog. There are elements in Teaneck that act and operate as if they are beyond reproach. Etz Chaim of Teaneck and Rabbi Daniel Feldman are two of those elements. Etz Chaim because they are a religious Jewish Institution being repressed and discrminated against by the evil Board of Adjustments. Rabbi Feldman because he is a public figure, a local and internationally known celebrity (one website even called him a Rosh Yeshiva at YU), a learned scholarly Rabbi with Yadin Yadin Yoreh Yoreh semikha from REITS and he writes books about ethics.

That is why this blog is so important. The pedigree should not matter. They are acting unethically and outside of the boundaries of decency and the law. This blog, macdmusings, is the only venue that is critiquing them for their actions. This is where their opponents and victims have a voice.

During the storm I checked the comments that needed moderation. There was a single comment and it was by the same negative commenter as usual. Instead of trying to guess who I am or lauding my efforts or inviting me to a Kiddush in my honor or calling me McDick or commenting on my genitalia, this time I was issued an ultimatum.

Dear Schluff: please take this as a warning, I know who you are and I am asking you nicely to stop your musings and tweeting and all of your other garbage for good.  I am not really concerned sbout EC but your defaming Rabbi Feldman is going on for too long.  Grow up amd move on.  stop brooding about what you had at the Center.  Shut it down in 48 hours or I will expose you and you will be fair game for legal action.  (The sentence that was here was removed to protect the innocent person that the commenter believes is Shluffenheimer MacDougal)  Again shut it down or I will tell them who you are, please stop already.    grow up and move on in life.  shalom

Rabbi Daniel Feldman has taken a public position in the Teaneck community. He is well known around the world and commands a nice salary to visit communities and speak. He is a public figure and public figures are held to a higher standard than you and me. He has not been defamed, he has been critiqued and criticized using pure fact or opinions based on the truth as reported by newspapers. Sometimes the critiques are based on Rabbi Feldman's own words, books or newspaper articles quoting him.  

Under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, as set forth by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 1964 Case, New York Times v Sullivan, where a public figure attempts to bring an action for defamation, the public figure must prove an additional element: That the statement was made with "actual malice". In translation, that means that the person making the statement knew that they were making the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth.

The concept of the "public figure" is broader than celebrities and politicians. A person can become an "involuntary public figure" as the result of publicity even though that person did not want or invite the public attention. For example, people accused of high profile crimes may be unable to pursue actions for defamation even after their innocence is established, on the basis that the notoriety associated with the case and the accusations against them turned them into involuntary public figures.

A person can also become a "limited public figure" by engaging in actions which generate publicity within a narrow area of interest. Jokes can be made at their expense based on their actions. Like I have made here about Mr. President Robert Erlich's newspaper quotes and transcript and reported actions from the BOA hearing.

For more about defamation click here.

So here is what is going to happen.
You will tell Etz Chaim, President Erlich, Rabbi Feldman or whomever, who you think I am.  They will serve the poor guy/gal and attempt to take him/her to court. Rabbi Feldman and/or Robert Erlich lose their case because they blamed an innocent person and they will point the finger at you as their informant and if they don't, I will. You will lose house and home when your victim sues you for everything you have and more. YOUR good name will be destroyed and I get the feeling your professional standing will be harmed, too.

All of this because you want to protect someone who doesn't care about you, leaves you scrambling for a minyan every Sunday because his Congregants don't show up to CareOne and his cronies who continue to badger your friends that don't toe the Etz Chaim party line or buy into the propoganda. Please stop fooling yourself. This is not your battle.

If you feel the need to be in touch with me, email me directly at macdmusings@hush.com


Please feel free to continue to comment and participate in the blog. I look forward to real arguments based on facts to prove me wrong.

Shluffenheimer MacDougal

No comments: