August 17, 2012 is Etz Chaim/Ohr Saadya's next court date VS the Teaneck BOA. What do you think will occur on August 17th? What will Etz Chaim/Ohr Saadya do?

Friday, February 19, 2010

Blue Law Blues


I hate traveling to Totowa, North Bergen or any locations in the surrounding Counties to shop on Sundays. Teaneck residents complain about lost taxes but they don't moan about the blue laws. We lose tax revenue from local businesses on the weekends. Its hard enough for me to wrestle with my inner demons not to shop on Saturdays, at least offline.


Some history on Blue Laws from wikipedia .

An article about abolishing the blue laws from USA Today .

We are one of the last places to have blue laws and ours are harsher than everyplace else. What are your thoughts on this?

1 comment:

Karin said...

You must of missed it but there are MANY stores in Teaneck that should not be open on Sunday that are...take a stroll on the Lane and you would be amazed what you can buy locally.

I for one hate the blue laws, but am not stopped for religious reasons from getting my buying done on Saturdays...most of the time though my shopping is all done Mon-Fri.